Team Solarcat Current Projects
- The Mule - Rebuilding the electrical system of a Kawasaki Mule. The
Mule was converted from propane to electric some years ago, so we are now
fixing the power system up. We are in the process of fixing the 12-volt
system (head lights, blinkers, horn...) and getting the 96-volt charger to
interface the Mule.
- The Comuter Car - out next project. We need to redo the whole battery
tracking system, get a new laptop to interface this system, check the
motor and motor-controller and install headlights.
- Solarcat 3.5 - Our Sunrayce 2001 hopeful. Needs full chasis
dye-checking, rebuilding of the front suspension and steering,
reimplementation of the rear suspension as a 4-wheel vehicle instead of
2-wheel, and complete rewiring. Also needs another body from Boeing.
- Volkswagon Bus - a possible conversion. It's just sitting in the
garage waiting for an eager project team. Volkswagons are noted for being
easy to convert to electric because of available conversion parts.
- Electric Bicycle - Dr. Koffke's 3-wheeled electric bicycle (3 because
he can't chew gum and walk at the same time, like Dilbert.); partly built
leftovers from a senior project.